November 29, 2008

Pumpkin Pecan Pie


This year for Thanksgiving I tried a new pie. We just love pumpkin pie but I found out my bf love pecan pie too. So I stumbled across this recipe and mentioned it to him. He thought it would be awesome.........and it was!

Its a Pumpkin Pecan Pie and OMG IT WAS HEAVENLY. It is my new favorite pie and one Ill be making every yr. from now on. Its so good it didn't even need whipped cream. I think that would have just dulled down the flavors.

Pumpkin-Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Layer:
* 3/4 c canned pumpkin
* 1/2 c granulated sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 tb sour cream
* 2 tb egg nog
* 1/4 ts ground ginger
* 1/2 ts ground cinnamon
* 1/8 ts ground cloves
* 1/8 ts ground nutmeg
* 1/4 ts salt

Pecan Layer
* 1/2 c dark brown sugar packed
* 3/4 c dark corn syrup
* 2 eggs
* 1 tb butter melted
* 1 ts vanilla
* 1 c pecans halves or pieces

For Pumpkin Layer: In med. bowl, whisk together pumpkin, granulated sugar, egg, egg nog, sour cream, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.

For Pecan Layer: In separate bowl combine brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in pecans.

To Assemble: Spoon pumpkin mixture into unbaked pie shell, smoothing top. Then very carefully spoon pecan layer over top, being careful to keep layers separate.

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350 and bake pie 25 to 30 minutes longer or until filling is slightly puffy and pecan layer is just set. Cool on wire rack.

***This year I found something called Pumpkin Spice eggnog. I found out I like it in coffee. Its not a bad substitute for the Starbucks latte. This pie calls for a bit of eggnog too and I thought why not use that also. Its not alot but I figured it could only add to the pie flavors with the spices of its own.

2 comments:

DÜDÜKLÜ TENCERE said...

Hi!, I love your blog, your blog is very good..

Anonymous said...

Just tried your recipe. Like you said, it was great! My grand ma loves it!