July 11, 2008

'Mater Sammiches!!!!!!!

I was on here talking to a friend about herbs and plants and eating my lunch, when I heard the dog bark. I went to see who's there and there was a person standing there. I thought it was the mailman. I open the door to see a FedEx truck driving away. I looked down and there was a box. Now my bf is always shipping guitars and amps and getting them in so at first I thought there would be a big box. Instead there was a small one. I still didn't think anything of it, since he also gets tube orders and parts. As I picked it up and grabbed my mail too ........I looked at the name on the box. It was for me.

I didn't order anything so I thought , this has to be a mistake.......then I saw the name of a nursery on it....that's weird. And then I saw the city and state.

Now my mom and dad have been rubbing it in the last couple of weeks. They have been getting these huge Jersey Beefsteak tomatoes from a nursery near them. Mom will call me up just to say shes having a 'mater sammich lol. Sure torture me mom. There's nothing in the world like Jersey tomatoes. I know you all have heard me say that alot. So imagine my surprise when I open this box and there's those tomatoes up there , that you see in the picture.

There's 5 tomatoes there but look closely at that plate. That is a DINNER PLATE. That's how big these are. Five tomatoes that weigh 8 1/2lbs!!!

So I called mom and laughed because mom called me this morning using the excuse of wanting to know what happened with my car. (It broke down yesterday) But she was really checking to see whether I got these or not yet. She had these Fed Exed overnite! The she asked if I saw the card. What Card? So I rummaged thru all the papers that were wrapped around the tomatoes and found it. It said Happy Birthday from Mom and Dad .........rofl........my birthday isn't till September. My mom laughed and said that's in case I forget ....................I said ummmmm mom how can you forget? You were there! giggle.

So I had to show all you what my early present was and how crazy my family can be.......

TOMORROWS LUNCH.................'MATER SAMMICHS ON SOUR DOUGH BREAD WITH LOTSA MAYO AND SALT AND FRESH GROUND PEPPER..............DROOLLLLL......



3 comments:

Rochelle R. said...

What a yummy surprise. I haven't seen any huge beefsteak tomatoes in years. They look delicious.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could persuade my husband that fresh tomatoes are the loveliest things ever, but he won't go near 'em, and the kids have inherited his anti tomato gene, except for my twins, who indulge with reckless abandon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are humungous. What a great gift.