May 02, 2008

Sunflower Seed Cookies


I love snacking on shelled sunflower seeds and often throw them in my salads. I never thought to use them in a cookie. I posted this elsewhere tho and these are getting rave reviews. A friend of mine changed the recipe just a bit by adding 1 egg and 1 tsp. vanilla. As soon as I get a chance Im going to have to make these!

Sunflower Seed Cookies

1-1/2 cups margarine, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup sunflower seeds

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Cream sugar and butter or margarine. Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Then add coconut and sunflower seeds. Mix well.

3. Shape into one inch balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 15minutes or until delicately browned.

No comments: