May 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies-I burned em!

I made Peanut Butter cookies the other day. Ive been wanting to make them for awhile cuz I bought some fresh ground organic peanut butter. I finally got to making them yesterday and ........I BURNED THE DAMN THINGS!!! I did manage to save a few from the very last batch I made. Was only enough dough left for about 7 more so I watched them like a hawk. These came out good and are yummy! I finally figured what went wrong tho. I have a convention oven and even tho I used the lesser time on the timer.......it still was too much for this kind of oven. Next time Ill know better. ( I set the timer and walked away to do stuff, relying on that .....big no no apparently lol)



PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 c. roast salted peanuts (I used 1/2 c. chocolate mini chips instead)
2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened ( I just used what I had)
1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar (I used dark, its what I had)
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. creamy peanut butter ( I used fresh ground organic)


Place peanuts in a food processor, and finely chop. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a med. size bowl. Combine butter and both sugars in a lg. bowl: beat on med. high speed with electric mixer till fluffy, about 2-3 min. Add eggs and vanilla and beat till smooth. Add peanut butter and beat till smooth.
Stir in flour mixture just till incorporated. Stir in the peanuts ( this is when I put the chocolate chips in, instead.)

Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Turn one portion onto a piece of waxed paper and shape it rolling it inside the paper, into a log about 2 x 12 in. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2hrs. or up to 24hrs. Repeat with remaining dough. (Dough logs may be wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to 1mon. Slice and bake directly from freezer.)




Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the dough into 1/3 in. thick rounds. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets at least 2in. apart. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly colored, 13-15min. (a min. or two longer for frozen dough) Let them stand on the baking sheet for 5min. then remove them with a metal spatula to a wire rack to cool. Keep at rm . temp. in an airtight container. Recipe says it makes 6 dozen. I guess I dont know what 1/3 in. looks like cuz I got about 2 1/2 dozen.

Drizzle optional: If desired, melt 1c. peanut butter chips with 1/2 tsp. vegetable shortening in microwave for 1min. Stir till smooth, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Snip off a sm. corner: drizzle over cookies. Let dry at rm. temp. for at least 30min. before stacking.

No comments: