April 08, 2008

Seas Baked Breaded Pork Chops

We love these. I use mustard as the base to have the breadcrumb mix adhere to the meat. Baking them makes them really tender and tasty.


Breaded Center Cut Pork Chops

1/2 c. breadcrumbs (use flavored or not)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. thyme

S & P to taste
Dijon mustard

6 (3/4 inch thick) center cut pork chops
Olive oil

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a bowl or on a flat plate , this will be used for breading the chops. This mix of breadcrumbs and cheese is the same one I use in my Sesame Chicken recipe (blog in my list). I make a bunch of it at a time then take out what I think I need for whatever I'm making and add the other ingredients. Its a really good combo of flavors.


Rinse chops and pat dry. Brush with Dijon mustard on both sides and dip in the breading coating well. How thick a layer of mustard is up to you, we like alot. It gives a subtle layer of flavor that many do not recognize but just love. I stumbled on this by accident one day playing around. I bake my chops in a lg. 13x9 pan or a baking sheet that I have drizzled with olive oil. Don't put alot on there , just so they wont stick much. Pork has enough fat of its own. I only used extra virgin olive oil around here but you can use what you want. Once all are coated then I drizzle once again with oil.

I bake these for about a half hr, then turn them over and watch them for another half hr. Ive also turned off the oven when they were still barely pink and left them in the residual heat to finish without over cooking when I was waiting for the bf to come home from work. They come out nice and tender. Makes 6 servings.

No comments: