March 20, 2008

Easy Ceasar Dressing


I love ceasar salads, all kinds , with chicken, plain , shrimp you name it. But I hated making the dressing every time I wanted it and somehow bottled dressings dont taste as good as homemade. Then I found this recipe. I love it! I make a big batch and put it in an old jar and keep it refridgerated for when I want it now. When you really think about it the base is really a homemade mayonnaise so thats whats used in this instead of making this by hand. By doing that it keeps well too.

EASY CEASAR DRESSING MAKES 6 SERVINGS

4 anchovy fillets (yes use it, it does make a difference and when blended you dont taste it)

3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped up a bit

2 tb. extra virgin olive oil

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. Dijon

1/2 tsp. Tabasco

1 1/3c. mayonnaise ( I like Best Foods, its Hellmanns in the east)

2tb. Parmesan cheese

2tb. (or more) fresh lemon juice

Extra Parmesan for the salad when served.

Blend all ingred. in a food processor then chill.

I usually put all the ingred. down to the Dijon in the processor, then zap it a bit till the garlic is pretty ground up. You dont want chunks of that. I use anchovy paste you can buy in a tube because I dont use it much. I dont need to buy a bunch then have it go bad. I squirt out what I think are 4 fillets and add. Once the good stuff is blended I add the mayo, cheese and lemon juice and zap. I add the Tabasco and zap once more and taste to adjust if needed. I always use fresh lemon juice for this , its the best. This dressing is not strong so for us I usually add a bit more of the flavorings and maybe another garlic clove. Taste when you make it and decide for yourself.

No comments: