March 20, 2008

BLENDER HOLLANDAISE


This is the time of year I bring out my Hollandaise recipe for asparagus. Everyone says Oh I cant make that but Ive found a fool proof way to make it. Found this recipe years ago and its become a family classic now.

BLENDER HOLLANDAISE makes 3/4c.

3 egg yolks

2tb. fresh lemon juice

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. cayenne or white pepper (I like cayenne)

1 tb. minced fresh parsley (optional)

1/2c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and sizzling hot

Combine yolks, lemon juice, salt, cayenne and parsley (if using) in a blender or food processor and mix 5 sec. With machine running, pour hot butter into egg mixture in slow steady stream (it should take about 15 sec.) If sauce is too thick, stir in 1-2tb. hot water. Keep warm in double boiler. Do not reheat.

I like to use cayenne in this but dont worry theres not enough of it to give it heat. The hot butter cooks the yolks so you do not have to worry about raw egg problems but the machine keeps it smooth. You can add the parsley if you wish or just use it to top the whole dish. I usually make this the last thing I make before we eat so I dont have to keep it warm, its fast and ez.

No comments: