October 06, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Yesterday was another busy cooking day. I made a big bowl of Guacamole to freeze. I often do that when I can find some avocados that are cheap. I make it up the way we like. As long as it has lemon or lime juice, its fine. I froze them in small containers so we could have a few snacks now and then. I decided to top my dinner with some too.

And I made a big batch of Chile Verde Salsa too. I canned it and ended up with at little bit left so I tossed it on top of the Enchiladas before I baked it. (that's those darker green spots you see in the pic.)  But it was getting late and I was still messing in the kitchen so I was wondering what I'm going to make for dinner.

I just bought some very lg. chicken breasts the other day that were on a good sale too. So I took two of them out, sprinkled them with some olive oil, s & p, and garlic powder and baked them in the oven while I was making the salsa.  Once they were done I skinned them and took the meat off the bones and cut it up for this dinner. I also had a bunch of lime juice in the fridge from that freebie stuff I got awhile back, so I used alot of it for this and for the salsa.

We love this sooooo much.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Serves 4-6

1lb. cooked chicken, shredded. (I cooked two lg breasts but you could use store bought chicken too.)
6 tb. honey
5tb. lime juice
1tb. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
8-10 flour tortillas (you will get less like I did if you use burrito size ones, which is what I usually have around)
1lb. of cheese, I mix cheddar and jack or mozzarella, shredded
1 (28 oz) can Enchilada Green Chile Sauce
1/2 c. sour cream

Mix first 5 ingredients together and let marinate a half hr. Pour about a cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 in. pan.
 Fill tortillas with the chicken and top with some cheese. Save about a cup of cheese for the top.
 Mix remaining enchilada sauce with the sour cream and pour over all filled tortillas. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 min. or till starting to get brown and crispy on top. 
Sometimes we serve with extra sour cream but you don't really need it if there's alot of sauce. I like chile verde salsa on top of mine or guacamole. (sometimes both!!)

No comments: