November 25, 2010

A Day of Thanksgiving...

Today I'm thankful for dishes. ...dirty dishes. Seems I always have lots of them. And I have a dishwasher and I hate doing dishes. There's always lots of big pots and pans that don't fit in the dishwasher too.

But having all this mess just means we are lucky to have enough to eat. Some days I wish someone else would do the cooking and dishes. And sometimes I get lucky to have that,,,usually if we eat out or have pizza lol.

And Ive been cooking my whole life so its getting a lil old to have to still do dishes. The joy of my work tho was in a restaurant, we had dishwashers and anything I wanted cleaned to use again,,,,,,I just gave to them :)

Sigh, I miss that. Maybe I wouldn't mind cooking so much if that was all I had to do. Meanwhile...my freezers are full . The fridge is too. Ive got lots of things here I canned this season and I'm still not done. And I have lots of shelves with backups of things I use alot. We eat well, I am rich in that and very thankful too. 



Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 comment:

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Happy Thanksgiving, seanymph!