October 12, 2009

A food meme.....



I'm not sure if Ive done this one before. I looked thru my pages and don't see it so here it goes.....

Food Meme

1. What’s your #1 comfort food?
 Warm butterscotch pudding. I make a pkg and eat the whole thing myself.

2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you?
Bread, I just love bread. Don't know how long it would stay fresh on a deserted Island tho but I guess I could dip it in some water to eat.

3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for?)
 I like to make appetizers and desserts but I'm known for being a really good cook. So I'm not sure I have any signature things.

4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for… 
around here its pizza or take out burritos when I don't feel like cooking. When I don't know what to cook....there's always steak and a salad or burger and fries.

5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food?
Hmmm I love just about everything but I would say something creamy.

6. What food can you absolutely not eat?
I really don't like salmon unless its smoked.

7. You need a drink. You grab a….
water or coffee. Lately Lipton iced citrus tea when its hot seems to work too.

8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had? Fried polenta squares topped with Gorgonzola cream sauce. Omg fattening, filling and Id eat it every day if I could.

9. What’s your favorite type of food?
Greek. Not sure why but I love the simple flavor combos that Greek food has.

10. Favorite dish?
When I go out and I find a good Italian restaurant, if they have Osso Buco on the menu, I will always pick that. But at home......I really like roast chicken with potatoes.

11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? The only place I ever really loved is gone now. It would be the World Trade Ctr...Windows of the World. I never had a bad meal, or bad service and the view was incredible. I am grateful that I was privileged to eat there...not once but several times. I miss it so much. But in the land of reality.....honestly....a little place in Oregon in Roads end that made the best clam chowder I can recall ever having.

12. Are you a soup or salad person?
Soup, something very comforting about that with lots of fresh bread and butter.

13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant?
I prefer a sit down restaurant. I don't get out much so why not let someone else do all the work and serve me too? I don't eat enough to justify the cost of a buffet and the cheap ones have fattening, icky foods usually. Take out is my second choice when I'm too tired to move at all.

14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made?
A Chinese dinner for a Gourmet group I used to belong to. I made Peking Duck and other assorted things. 

15. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
I'm a chef so I would say so.

16. Do you know what vichyssoise is?
Yes

17. Who’s your favorite TV cook?
It will always be Julia Child. She inspired me as a kid, watching her on tv.

18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities?
There's lots of cooks on tv now.....personalities tho? Most bore me. OH wait I do loveeeee Anthony Bourdain. Hes adventurous and funny and totally east coast.


19. Homemade or homemade from a box?
 Both have their place depending on time and money.

20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Anyone can feel free to tag themselves for this!
 I'm not gonna tag anyone, I hate that myself but feel free to snag and answer these if your willing.

1 comment:

annie said...

You have great recipes! I really enjoy batter fried fish so will try that one very soon.
I think I will try your food meme on my blog too.
Hope you're enjoying the weekend!