Yesterday was a tough day and on the way home I had to stop and do a lil grocery shopping. I saw the blueberries and they just looked so tempting....a big container too. So I grabbed them not knowing exactly what I was going to do with them. I was too tired to make dinner so we ordered pizza. Guess I got my second wind after that so I asked the man would he like Blueberry Cobbler or Blueberry Muffins in the morning. He wanted cobbler. So here it is......
Blueberry Cobbler 6 servings
* 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
* 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 6 tablespoons white sugar
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup milk
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 pinch ground cinnamon
1. Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish. Place the blueberries into the baking dish, and mix with vanilla and lemon juice. Sprinkle with 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of flour and the 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, then stir in the tablespoon of melted butter. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 3/4 cups of flour, baking powder, and 6 tablespoons sugar. Rub in the 5 tablespoons butter using your fingers, or cut in with a pastry blender until it is in small pieces.
Make a well in the center, and quickly stir in the milk. Mix just until moistened. You should have a very thick batter, or very wet dough. You may need to add a splash more milk. Cover, and let batter rest for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Spoon the batter over the blueberries, leaving only a few small holes for the berries to peek through.
Mix together the cinnamon and 2 teaspoons sugar; sprinkle over the top.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown. A knife inserted into the topping should come out clean - of course there will be blueberry syrup on the knife. Let cool until just warm before serving. This can store in the refrigerator for 2 days. I served this with whipped cream but I was wishing I had some vanilla ice cream in the house. It was yummy tho.