July 24, 2007

PANCAKES!!!!!!!


I always liked going to the International House of Pancakes. When my kids were little and their dad would be on the road, I would take them to have breakfast for dinner. They just thought that was so cool and loved going. They still talk about that today. Now my bf and I like to go once in awhile when I dont feel like cooking. A few months ago tho I tried a different pancake that they make. They are called the Country Griddle Cakes and are made with cream of wheat. They have different texture, sort of chewy and yet light. We went there recently and found out they have a new menu and they are no longer on there! So I went hunting online to find a copycat recipe. I made it today for breakfast with some bacon and YUM it was a success so here it is for you.



IHOP Cream of Wheat Pancakes or Country Griddlecakes
1/ 1/4c. flour
1 1/2c. buttermilk (or make the sour milk version of it)
1/3c. cream of wheat, dry
1 egg
1/3c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt
Heat a skillet over medium heat. (I used my electric griddle).In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Pour the batter by 1/3c. portions into a pan coated with cooking spray and cook pancakes till brown.
Makes about 10



I didnt have buttermilk here so I made the sour milk equivlent of that and I cut back a bit on the sugar only using 1/4c. instead of 1/3c.



The bf proclaimed them awesome and I have to agree so I guess Ill be making these more often. BTW whenever I make pancakes or french toast I freeze the extras. A quick zap in the microwave and Ive got an instant breakfast. I never toss the leftovers away. I know my dog wishes I would tho . I frequently add vanilla to my pancakes when I make them but today I did them just as you see. I asked the bf if he thinks it needs it and he says they are perfect just like this. Dont mess with perfection!

No comments: